Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Daisy's Adoption

Email to: Bill White of TheMoriningCall.com

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 2:03 AM

To: White, Bill

Subject: You have to see it to believe it!!

Bill,

Untill I walked into the Philadelphia SPCA this past Sunday (secretly praying that I would find the perfect dog for me) I had not heard of the Almost Heaven puppy mill raid. After five minutes, I was informed by workers about the raid. I was disgusted and my heart was heavy at the same time. I did not seek out a Almost Heaven victim but that is what I found. Eventhough she weights less than half of what she should, is bald, covered by a red rash, sores and scabs from head to toe, has bleeding ears and a double eye infection - I have found the perfect dog. Today I finalized the adoption of my new dog. She is unstable on her feet because she was kept in a cage so small she could not stand up, she has never been on a leash because no one cared enough to walk her, she does not know how to play because no one every played with her, she is not house trained because she has never been in a house. Despite all the neglect and suffering she has endored. She can still love!

Daisy will be coming home with me in the next couple days, never again; will she be locked behind bars.

Thanks for all the work that you do,

~Rachael




No comments: